Address: 1A Amhurst Rd, London E8 1LL
Oslo is situated in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Hackney central. Its laid-back setting is built for a casual lunch and a crave for good food. Oslo is also known as the latest hot-spot for live music, making it quite a different atmosphere on the evenings of events. The well-stocked bar features a range of delicious cocktails which can be enjoyed before heading to a gig upstairs.
With great wholesome cooking at the helm, Oslo has launched a new summer menu using British ingredients with an interesting Nordic twist.
- Cod Bolinhos – cod croquettes with a twist and served with seaweed tempura & lime mayo (£7)
- Avocado Tempura – avocado battered in tempura mix with sweet chilli sauce (£7)
- Nordic Poke composing smoked salmon with spinach, barley, brown rice, peppers, pineapple, pickled cabbage, edamame beans & mango mayo (£9.50).
- Grønn Salad, broccoli tempura with edamame beans, baby gem lettuce, avocado, cucumber, candied ginger & coconut vinagrette (£8).
- New England brioche subs – pulled brisket, baby shrimp,or spiced halluomi subs, all served with fries.
For the review, I indulged in the classic steak and chips – steak was cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced.
Service is fast and staff are friendly.
Words : @TheRubyMaeMoore