For all you peanut butter cravers, I recommend you try Hi-Pro peanut butter. Not only is it a great source of protein and fats, but one swipe on your toast and you’ll feel full until your next meal (well at least I normally do). If you’re just looking for an afternoon pick-me-up, then a spoonful of this peanut butter will satisfy your tastebuds and stomach.
What did I think?
I tested Hi-Pro smooth and crunchy and I didn’t expect to notice a difference between this brand and your normal supermarket peanut butter, but I did note that the taste of Hi-Pro wasn’t as sweet. This could be to do with the fact that this product contains no added sugar or salt, but nevertheless the consistency of the smooth was exactly that, creamy and easy to consume, much smoother than my usual brand.
I particularly liked adding a spoonful of the crunchy to my protein shakes after a gym workout, which really helped to renew my energy.
It’s safe to say that these pots certainly didn’t go to waste and it took no time at all to devour them both – what more do you expect from a peanut butter crazed gal?
Benefits of peanut butter
Peanut butter is one of the best sports foods.
- Calorie dense, the combination of protein and fats will help you feel fuller for longer
- Low-cost, it fuels your body with the nutrients it needs without breaking the bank
- It is a source of: niacin and B3 which helps convert food to energy; folate and B6 which are all associated with a reduced risk of heart disease; and magnesium, zinc, and vitamin E which is important for strengthening the immune system
- Combined with fruit, grains and other sources of protein it helps deliver a balanced diet. Check out some of our recipes for inspiration.
- Finally, united with other foods such as milk, it creates a great sports food. For example two tablespoons of Hi–PRO (33g) with a 250ml glass of whole milk delivers 18g protein.
Hi–PRO Peanut Butter
- 33% protein in every serving
- On average, 25% more protein than most mainstream peanut butters
- High protein-power uniquely comes from all-natural peanut ingredients
- A source of fibre, niacin, magnesium, zinc and vitamins B1, B6 and E
- Available in crunchy and smooth peanut butters, from Sainsbury’s, RRP £2.99
Words: Toni Amporful