Chicken Traybake With Marmalade And Mustard
Suggestion: serve with steamed green vegetables and homemade potato wedges or roasted baby potatoes.
- 4 tbsp Duerr’s Thick Cut Classic Seville Orange Marmalade
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme or lemon thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 8 chicken thighs boneless with skin
- 1 lemon or satsuma
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200° conventional/Gas 6 and prepare your side dishes.
- In a large bowl combine the marmalade, olive oil, garlic, mustard and thyme leaves.
- Score the skin of each chicken thigh a couple of times then add to the marinade and stir to coat. Leave in the fridge for half an hour if possible.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a shallow ovenproof dish and pour over any remaining marinade. Slice the lemon or tangerine and tuck in and around the meat. Place the dish onto a baking tray and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and baste the chicken with the juices. Return to the oven, uncovered for 30-35 minutes (depending on size) or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Season with black pepper and scatter over the chopped parsley and some extra fresh thyme. Serve with your choice of side dishes.
Recipe courtesy of Duerr’s – www.duerrs.co.uk