Black Bean & Beetroot Burger
Ingredients (Makes 6):
- 580g Black beans (cooked & drained)
- 1 heaped tsp Cumin seeds (dried, toasted & crushed)
- 35g Jalapenos (finely chopped)
- 12g Coriander (chopped)
- 115g Red onion (chopped)
- 4 1 / 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 / 4 tsp Salt
- 1 heaped tsp cracked black pepper
- 125g Beetroot (grated)
To make the burger mayo:
- 100g Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Tomato puree
- 20g Tomato chutney
- 5 g Gherkin (finely grated)
- Pinch Salt Pinch Pepper
- Crush the beans with your hands and fold everything thoroughly to create the Black Bean & Beetroot Mix.
- Mould the burgers into patties (around 150g each)
- Plunge the patties into hot oil and fry for approximately 4 minutes until crisped.
- In the mean time toast the brioche bun on the grill.
- Add burger mayo to the bottom of the bun, place the patty and lay over a slice of Emmental cheese. Add a slice of beef tomato and a baby gem lettuce leaf.
- Spread burger mayonnaise to the top bun and skewer the burger through everything.
Serve with either salad or fries and coleslaw.
Courtesy of Las Iguanas