First dates can be nerve-wracking for all the right and wrong reasons. Questions are whirling through your head – will they like me? Do I look okay? What if they don’t look anything like their picture? There’s so many ways to get first dates and many ways to do them. I’ve been on a few, so here’s three do’s and don’ts tips for when you’re on a first date.
- Be open to the unexpected. I don’t mean that in a creepy way, but if they want to take you to do something unique then go with it. Be cautious though, you need a balance.
- Be honest. Show them the true you, so what if you snort when you laugh or play with your hair when you get nervous. That’s just who you are and you should be proud of it!
- Go at your pace. Both of you may have different expectations and that’s okay. But remember to go at your pace and say if you are uncomfortable. You may not be one to kiss on a first date and some may be fine with it. Remember it’s your choice and you can say no. If they judge you for it then that’s a red card.
- Talk only about yourself. You’re awesome, we know you are, but what about the other person. Don’t you want to find out how awesome they are too? Again it’s all about finding the balance. Talk and
- And don’t talk about your ex. They’re an ex for a reason. You may still be on good terms with those people you’ve had past relationships with, but this person right now could end up being in your future so leave it out for a first date. Your date may ask and if you’re comfortable tell them, if not don’t fret and just move the conversation on.
- Wear anything uncomfortable. This goes for everyone. Don’t wear anything that you wouldn’t normally. No-one likes it when their clothes make them itchy or their shoes make their feet hurt. Suit what you’re wearing to the date of course but don’t go all out. Just be you.
Now go get ‘em!